Thursday, May 19, 2011

Animal Patterns


I wanted to try and girlify the animal prints I found to make them fit in with my theme and colour palette better.

I did these variations of the leopard pattern:
(apologies about the upload quality)




I added colour to the white space in these zebra patterns:





I changed the stripe colour to a darker shade of the background colour in each of these as I found the black was quite dominating, and the different tones created a softer look.






I am still unsure about these particular colours. I quite like them in the leopard patterns, but I think a softer version may be better suited to my designs.


I had another idea to make an 'animal print', which I used in a couple of my concept sketches. I recreated this on photoshop, and I think it's quite effective.



After doing this, I got to thinking about other 'animal prints' I could make, and I thought I could try and use the silhouettes of the animals I drew earlier in the same way I used the paw prints.







I think I like the paw print pattern best as the paw prints are a bit more sparse than the unicorns and bunnies. I think I would fix this up before using them in my designs, but I like the look nonetheless.

Playing with colours, and density of patterns






Animal skin patterns revised / recoloured, patterns made with animal silhouettes etc... Creating my own patterns

No comments:

Post a Comment