Monday, May 9, 2011

Establishing Target Market / Client

My target market are girls from ages 4-9.
In order to ensure my collection will appeal, and would be commercially successful for this age group I will need to do some research into what interests the girls in this age group have, what colours they like and what kinds of clothing they wear, as well as considering what the parents of kids in this age category would want from these garments ( as they are most likely to be paying for the garments ).
I also plan to do some more market research, but this time I will look into children's clothing - and I will pay particular attention to the styles of clothing kids in this age group wear, what garments / items seem to be popular with them, and any other design features I notice.

I will also need to consider things that are particularly relevant to children in my designs, as kids would be more prone to breaking their clothes than adults as they spend time playing and exploring. The clothes I design should also be easily washed as kids get dirty and slop things on themselves while playing, as well as eating.
I also think it is important to consider the smaller details of the clothing I design, as if there are small features that could fall off, they could be a choking hazzard, especially as I am designing for such a young target market. Small details could also be likely to break during play.






No comments:

Post a Comment