Monday, May 23, 2011

Considering Garment variations / Concept Sketches


I really wanted to consider variations of garment combinations within each outfit to ensure each look is different from each other.
To do this I looked at the different types of garments and outerwear I have used in my sketches so far.




I kind of wanted to plan what kind of garments I would use within each outfit before I started designing.
To do this I thought of some garment variations that seemed to work effectively in my earlier designs, remembering to consider that they are intended for Winter.
The combinations I came up with were :
  • Dress with tights
  • Dress with leggings
  • Skirt and top with tights
  • Skirt and top with leggings
  • Top with leggings
As I came up with 5, I figured I could use each combination twice to make a 10 outfit collection. I then looked at what I thought were the most effective outerwear garments I used in my prior designs, so that I can refer to them in my future designing.
The outerwear garments I thought were the most effective were :
  • Coat
  • Cardigan
  • Vest
  • Hoodie

I tested how these garment variations would look together. I don't intend to use these garment variations as law, but guidelines to try and ensure differentiation in the garment types I use.


I think they way that there is not an overload of one type of garment in these concepts is good. All of the dresses are in the top row, the skirts are in the second row, and the leggings are in the bottom, with tops and outerwear throughout.


No comments:

Post a Comment