Thursday, May 19, 2011

Jay Jays


I noticed that a lot of the girls I interviewed chose Jay Jays as their favourite store, so I thought that I'd look at what kind of clothing they sell to see how it appeals to young girls.
I noticed that a lot of Jay Jays' clothes seem to be plain clothing with screen prints on them, often the prints relating to interests of children in this age group.
Jay Jays seems to be a more 'grown up' store than Pumpkin Patch, Cotton On Kids, Trelise Cooper Kids etc because the clothing seems to be less babyish and instead includes more statement pieces and references to popular culture.
I quite like how the the clothing and accessories they sell have a quirkiness to them, and how the clothing shapes seem to be quite simple, but are jazzed up with the images on them.







No comments:

Post a Comment