Monday, May 16, 2011

Trend Predictions for Children's Fashion - Winter 2012


' The exploration of self through playfulness and activity. Making time to have fun, experiment and be ever changing. Looking at culture for the techno age generation who are easily bored and in need of constant stimulation. '
I like this trend a lot. It relates to my theme a lot, as it has connotations of playfulness and children. I noticed in the pictures a lot of layering, and different textures and patterns, which I thought related to some of the children's wear collections I looked at earlier.

I would like to consider this kind of look in my designs as I think it flows quite nicely in the design direction I was headed in.




................................................................................................................................


' A sense of protection is swathed in discreet luxury, enhanced by subtle beauty searching for a new perfection. A rough, raw dimension that hints at femininity with natural charm, rustic yet delicate, wild yet precious. A time to luxuriate in our own space, relaxation time, making time to improve, beautify and rejuvenate. '

I like this trend. It fits in with the idea of fairytales I had for my project, as I can imagine little girls dressing in the colours in this palette to pretend to be princesses and fairies etc. It is a soft and feminine kind of look, particularly because of the knit fabrics pictured. I think these kind of fabrics would work really well in a winter wear collection.







................................................................................................................................


' Making time to explore our own creativity and explore new ideas, looking at art ideas such as painting and printing and crafts, but reinventing them in a futuristic way. Expressing out own individuality by making good use of our hands and enjoying embellishing, enhancing and creating new looks in a modern way. Finding time to create our own identity through freedom of spirit. '

I like how the different patterned fabrics in this look work well together. I think the different colours, textures and patterns, which may not necessarily be used together conventionally, have a kind of serenity to them, and create a real point of interest. I like how the title for this look is 'Time to explore' as it reminds me of kids playing and exploring while playing make believe.






................................................................................................................................

Pattern Clashing

Another trend I found that popped up for children's wear Winter 2012 was pattern clashing. I think these mixtures of patterns have a really fun, playful kind of look and remind me of children a lot. I would really like to experiment with pattern clashing in my design work because I feel it would give a kind of playful vibe. However I feel like pattern clashing is something that I could easily get wrong, so I will need to consider the patterns and colours I use carefully.






................................................................................................................................

These are some other trends I found for Winter 2012. I wasn't quite as inspired by these as the trends featured above. They do however demonstrate examples of effective winter wear.
I think these trends are more related to women's fashion instead of kids, as the colours are a lot less fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment