Monday, May 9, 2011

Market Research - Children's Wear


Middle Market : Pumpkin Patch

I think Pumpkin Patch have a lot of really cute casual, day to day wear. From looking at their website I notice that a lot of consideration has been put into ensuring the clothing would be happily worn by kids, ie all the shoes were slip ons, 'jean look' leggings instead of denim, soft fabrics etc.
All of the styles seems to be like adult clothing but in children's sizes. I only thought a few of the styles were inappropriate for children ( like leather jackets and micro mini skirts ),













High End : Trelise Cooper Kids

This Trelise Cooper Kids collection I looked at was beautiful. I thought the different colour, patterns and textures used were really effective. The only problem I had with this collection was that the clothing was all quite formal, and was not really the sort of thing kids would wear to play in, or to an unformal situation like going to school. It works as a formal children's wear collection amazingly.














There were some elements of children's wear that I noticed recurring throughout the different market categories. I think I should look into how effective these aspects I noticed are and consider them when I start designing.

These elements are:

( Click to enlarge )


No comments:

Post a Comment